It has its challenges. Its moments of despair. You feel like tearing your hair apart. There is so much to be done and so little time. The ideas are there and so are the thoughts but they disappear when you settle down to capture them. And of course, there are moments of exhilaration. Of joy. Of seeing your creation take shape and ultimately emerge as a sell-able product, a book. An author’s life is fun. At the end of the day, you need the passion to keep at it, to keep going, which means to keep writing. In today’s post, I share some of my favourite quotes about writing:
- A writer never has a vacation. For a writer life consists of either writing or thinking about writing. Eugene Ionesco.
- There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. Ernest Hemingway.
- If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that. Stephen King.
- No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader. Robert Frost.
- Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. Anton Chekov.