NaNo 2010 starts just 5 days from now. Are you ready with your story plan? Are you staying with the structure you first thought of? Where will your story be set and in what period? Who are the principal characters? What genre would your story be in? These are some of the questions that come to mind as time marches on! If you haven’t signed on for NaNoWriMo 2010 yet, here‘s where you do it!
In 2009, I did NaNo for the first time and churned out 50,000 + words. My story titled ” It Can’t Be You” is a psychological thriller and will be soon published by Cedar Books, imprint of Pustak Mahal, one of India’s largest publishers.
Here are my plans for NaNo 2010:-
- Tentative title is “Lucky For Some, Thirteen”. Events in the story revolve around the number 13 and hence the title!
- It will be a story set largely in my hometown of Bangalore- as usual:)
- Based largely on how much I enjoyed writing last year, this year too, I plan to write in the same genre.
- The characters will be new for the most part. I am fighting temptation to bring in some of the characters from ICBY but will take a call on this later on.
- The story is set in the recent past- around 2008-09.
Exciting times ahead! I hope you will enjoy writing your story as much as I am sure I will!